Monday, April 11, 2011

Berkeley Marina & 9th Street - April 8th, 2011

BERKELEY MARINA & 9th STREET. The day started out cool and slightly hazy but I headed down to the Berkeley Marina to join the East Bay Plein Air Painters. Sidetracked, I meandered over to Cesar Chavez Park to sketch the view over at Yerba Buena/Treasure Island and the City.
"San Francisco Skyline from Cesar Chavez Park" - each 5" x 7" watercolor sketches

Unluckily for me I had inadvertently left my headlights on and when it came time to join the EBPAP, I was waiting for the AAA truck! I amused myself while waiting watching the local kids flying their kites nearby.

After my car was charged up (by driving to have lunch at El Pollo Loco - yum!) , I headed over to 9th Street and Camelia where the East Bay Landscape Painters were gathered for their paintout. I was able to park a short distance down the street and captured this view of the Oriental Rug Company. A fun end to a adventursome day!
"Oriental Rug Company" - 12"x 18" pastel on black paper

No comments:

Post a Comment