Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Napa Valley Part II - August 28, 2011

Paintout with the North Bay Plein Air Painters: Napa Valley Art Museum, Yountville, CA.

The Sunday after the sketchcrawl in Davis, I went out with the hubby to Yountville, in the Napa Valley. It was a hot day there again but some welcome breezes made it nice to be there if you were in the shade. Check out more pictures of the artists and their paintings on the NBPAP Blog and on co-organizer Gerald DeDios' website. It was a wonderful day to paint and I really enjoyed meeting some new faces to the group!

I arrived way early so was able to finish my pencil and ink sketch of the Napa Valley Art Museum. One of the artists (Alfredo Tofanelli) is having a show there in the spot light gallery downstairs. It is well worth cathching if you are in the area.

Later I added watercolor to it. I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I seemed to lose some of the three dimensional effects that the ink sketch had. What do you think?


More about our day in Yountville in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment